Negative? Not intending to be. I’m just as hopeful as anybody else. I want the New Year to bring surprises, blessings, and inspiration.
But the truth is, I know a secret. I know how you can actually cheat the system. It has nothing to do with dumb luck, chance, or good fortune. Instead, it has everything to do with what you can control…yourself. I’m not saying you can escape trial or pain, God promises us that we’ll have our share. But I am saying you can choose your response ahead of time.
You can live your life by design or by default. It’s your choice.
So here’s 12 reasons to guarantee your 2012 won’t be any different. (My advice? Do the opposite and then sit back and watch what happens):
- You have self-limiting beliefs: I can’t. I’m not smart enough. I don’t have the money. I’ve failed before. Etc….
- You can’t make decisions: You believe in “keeping your options.” Little do you know it’s killing you.
- You don’t know what you want: The truth is that If you don’t know what you want, you’ll never get what you want.
- You haven’t killed your biggest critic: Quit celebrating the drama inside your head. Instead, be the lead in your own life.
- You’re not an arsonist: You can’t give what you don’t have. You can’t light others up if you’re not on fire.
- You don’t want to make your mark: Take action. Get off the bench. Get in the game.
- You believe you’re lacking what you need: Because you think your impoverished you live in poverty.
- You fill your life with noise: Pascal said it best, “Distraction entertains us and leads us imperceptibly to death.”
- You’re asking the wrong question: When you ask the wrong question you get the wrong answer. You should not ask, what will it cost you to act? You should ask what will it cost you NOT to act?
- You choose to be a victim rather than a victor: We are either Victims (we let the world happen to us) or Victors (we happen to the world).
- You’re too scared to live your dream: Faith or Fear? One of them is pumping through your veins right now.
- You give God too much credit: We don’t take risks. We blame God. We look to others to tell us what to do.