The controversy continues to unfold.
Historically, the options have appeared two-fold for those Christ followers that find themselves with same-sex orientation/attraction.
- Assume Jesus is OK with homosexuality and reconcile such a life-style.
- Choose to deny “temptation” and pursue a heterosexual marriage.
Oprah’s new network featured a story called Our America with Lisa Ling where they exposed such options.
Click here or view below:
Yet, a third option is emerging…celibacy and it’s proposed by people like Wesley Hill, a self-professed Christian Homosexual, in his new Zondervan book, Washed and Waiting.
I tackled these issues and many more in my sermon from Sunday titled Homosexuality: The Tone, Truth, and Takeaways.
You can listen to it here and even download the powerpoints.
A few other links related to homosexuality taken from my outline.
- Info.—http://exodusinternational.org/exodus-student-ministries/ (youth) http://exodusinternational.org/ (adults), https://www.reachtruth.com/interactive, http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/ (free on-line courses).
- Additional Study—NARTH (Research) http://narth.com/, The New York Times, My Ex Gay Friend, http://nyti.ms/iS849S (June 16, 2001), Talk on Homosexuality http://bit.ly/oTmOWz
- Book- The Truth about Same Sex Marriage by Erwin Lutzer.