A relationship with a coach can be one of the most powerful, transformational, and distinct relationships you’ll ever experience. According to the Harvard Business Review, a good coach can help you achieve life-changing results that yield success and significance.
Because less than 1 in 1000 people have ever been coached, it can be one of the most misunderstood fields. Here are some distinctions between coaching and other experiences:
- Teaching = Sharing information
- Mentoring = Sharing experience
- Training = Sharing skills
- Consulting = Sharing advice
- Counseling = Leading a client from dysfunctionality to functionality.
- Coaching = Leading a coachee from functionality to potentiality. A strategic alliance formed between a coach and coachee in order to achieve his/her maximum level of success.
I believe in the concept of coaching so much that I’ve chosen to be personally coached over the last decade. I’m indebted to my coach Chet Scott (see video, bottom of page), a master coach and the founder of Built to Lead.
Although I coach around several topics, 3 of my most popular coaching tracks are:
- The Deeper Path Coaching - Think GPS for your dreams. Imagine a Soul on Fire. A life lived by design, not default.
- Customized Coaching – This relationship centers on the TGOROW model (Topic, Goal, Outcomes, Reality, Options, Way forward) customized to your unique context with a purpose of achieving your unique goal.
- Author Coaching - You have the idea. I have the experience. You implement your idea through a solid proposal birthed out of a coaching relationship with me.